Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A”
Purpose of Visit
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working.
Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
- Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence
- Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted
- Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
Validity of a visa
Multiple entries : Validity of a visa is 1 year
Period of stay
Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 1 year.
Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom
Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.
At the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand . The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
- A report form (Tor Mor 47)
- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp
- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed. Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road , Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000.- Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000.- Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.
Apply for Non-Immigration Visa Category “O-A”Required Documents:
(Required 3 sets: 1 original and 2 copies)
- Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Addition Application form
- A medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) certificate shall be valid for not more than three months
- Three photo’s passport-size photographs (5x5cm) (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted). Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months.
- A copy of bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht
In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required
- A letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months)
In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Category ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ visa. A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence
Please see General Visa Information