Purpose of Visit
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
- To travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country: (Category “TS”)
- To participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.): (Category “S”) * Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than 1 month, Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom: (Category “C”)
Validity of visa
The validity of a visa is 3 months
Period of stay
Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
Extension of stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 287-3101 to 10 or at http://www.immigration.go.th
The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Apply for Transit Visa:
- Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
- One visa application form completely filled out
- Two passport-size photographs (4x6cm) (photocopy or photo taken from Photostat will not be accepted). Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months.
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (confirmed air ticket paid in full)
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
- Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document
- Letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
Please see General Visa Information